We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Downloading Files = 404 Error HOSTED SITE

Niall
01-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi Joree,

Our filer server make up our shared hosting clusters. The error you found was due to a misconfiguration within your particular cluster, which has now been resolved.

Regarding the estimate, if the issue is caused by OVH, you do not have to pay anything extra. If it is not an OVH issue, and you choose to not have the problem fixed, you will be charged €20 for establishing that fact.

Thanks,
Niall.

Joree
01-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Can you explain the "filer" terminology, what are these servers responsible for?

Also, "OVH can also provide an estimate only and in this case you do not have to pay for the diagnostic." An estimate for how much ... would cost to fix? Do I still have to pay 20 euro for the diagnostic?

I'm pretty sure that it's OVH's fault because I have no control over the filers. (The file existed on FTP, and I could overwrite it and etc, so it was just an http downloading issue)

The problem has gone away today, but the 2 days before that, the problem was rampant! I could not download the file from OVH hosted on my site. The website loaded fine, but downloading the file was a 1 in 20-50 chance. Though I noticed that having my site's referrer link (clicking to download the file from my page's url) improved the chances of Save As dialog showing up, though it might have been just random chance.

Anyway, I hope OVH looks into this issue where site's pages load fine, but the 5MB file does not download because it gives 404.

Might be filer specific :S

Jane
01-24-2011, 01:18 PM
FYI:

http://forum.ovh.ie/showthread.php?t=934

Niall
01-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Joree,

I have responded to your e-mail.

That filer is not yet setup on smokeping.

Niall.

Joree
01-23-2011, 06:57 AM
I have a hosting plan, I have a 5MB file on it,

under certain conditions I can download the file, the rest of the time I cannot because I get a 404 error.

If I click on the link from the page on the website, then about 50% of the time I get a Save As dialog, the other 50% of the time, I get a 404 file not found.

If I follow a direct link url to the file, not from a web page, but from a pasted in link, then I get a 404 error 100% of the time. I also cannot download the file using a download manager, it receives a file not found error.

Type of offer: : perso
Web servers : cluster010
Data servers : homez-406

WTF kind of hosting plan is that? 99% of the time the file cannot be downloaded, and can only be downloaded if the url to the file is followed only from the domain that the file is hosted on.

What's up with opening an incident ticket, costs 20 euro? If I do it, and OVH finds that it is somehow a hosting configuration that I missed (which I doubt) I am supposed to pay 20 euros?

How does the whole incident thing work?

If it's some kind of hosting configuration that I was supposed to setup, will I be charged 20 euro for opening an incident ticket? Or I will only be charged if I accept the diagnosis that will fix the problem? If I don't accept it, I don't have to pay the 20 euro? The wording in the manager sucks!!!!! Write a better explanation!

Did I mention that this site page doesn't open at all? What's up with that? http://smokeping.ovh.net/ovh-server-...60gp.homez-406

I don't see any current works for any of these services on status.ovh.com