We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Transfer ownership

Niall
11-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi,

Could you send me the server name by email please.

support@ovh.ie

Thanks,
Niall.

ShankedGolfer
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes i have. I tried the domain with and without .ovh.net Both give the same error.

Niall
11-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi,

Have you entered the server name in the "Domain" box and select "I want to change the owner of a server or housing:"?

Niall.

ShankedGolfer
11-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Whenever i try to start the process i just get this error

Error

The domain doesn't exist.
Please check again.

I tried it with both
I want to change the owner of a server or housing:
and
I'd like to change the owner of a server or a housing service:

Both give same error.

Jane
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
To change ownership you must fill in a procedure which can be found here

Jane

ShankedGolfer
10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Actually that is also a good question. In the manager where it says contacts for my server and you can put in a new nic-handle. Is that where i would put the new persons handle in? then the server would be transferred to them? If i have 2 months remaining, that goes along with the server when i transfer ownership correct?

Rilly
10-27-2010, 07:15 PM
I too would be interested in learning the correct process.. and to add to that question (if that is alright with you ShankedGolfer) - what happens if you take over ownership of a server that is currently being paid to a different branch of OVH (UK, or Poland, etc).. does it get transferred to OVH.ie and you start paying Euro?

ShankedGolfer
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
I have read about people doing this. How is it done? You change the nic handle on the server in your manager. But i don't see how or where to do it.