We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can't order /24 - Custom Partitioning?

Eric
06-14-2010, 05:28 AM
To disable raid login to SSH and run these commands
Warning: This will destroy all data on the drives.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1024
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=512 count=1024
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=512 count=1024
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdd bs=512 count=1024

Login to OVH manager and reinstall os, select the raid option and from drop down box to "format only the first disk"

Now you have a server with no raid

As for installing OS on the SATA instead of SSD, I have never tried it but this should work:

Boot into netboot.
Wipe the SATA disk paritions with dd command above.
Create a new partition on it and copy everything from the SSD.
Wipe the SSD disk.
Install grub onto SATA disk, edit the grub.conf to fix the device name eg. from /dev/sda to /dev/sdc (im not sure what it labels the disks).

Dan
06-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059
I just got my first server with OVH, and for some reason the largest block of IP's I can order is a /27 block. On their website it clearly says I can order a /24 block. How they say I can only order a /27 block, is this true? Why wasn't I told during all my pre-sale questions?

Custom Partitioning:
My server came with 2x80GB SSD, and 2x750GB SSD's. The server is setup to have Raid 1 for the 2x80GB SSD, and Raid 1 2x750GB...the OS being installed on the 2x80GB. The problem is that I want to change how this is done. I want to install the OS on the 2x750GB hard drives, and leave the extra 2x80GB SSD's out of a raid and just have them as spare hard drives. How can I do this in the OVH Manager?
OVH provides unmanaged servers and delivers the server with the OS of the customer's choice installed.

In general, we have not encountered a problem with the OS's we provide for dedicated servers with 1 or 2 HD's. This is only really possible with the Hybrid range of dedicated servers. Currently the OS installed on the SSD drives is in RAID 1.

OVH offers large options for various installations free of charge through our OVH manager.

We have been in contact and discussed this and the issue and the various options available to you.

It will now be resolved shortly.

Dan
06-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059
I'm still waiting. I haven't been able to use this server for a week now, just waiting to hear from *someone*.
OVH.ie's office hours are 9am - 18pm Monday to Friday.

We do not work weekends or bank holidays and since yesterday was a bank holiday the office was closed.

If I may direct your attention to the following link:

http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=108

Here you can find all the information about when the support is closed.

Your emails have since been replied to and, as always, we will endeavor to respond as promptly as possible.

Speedy059
06-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm still waiting. I haven't been able to use this server for a week now, just waiting to hear from *someone*.

Dragsterman
06-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Did you call them or email support.
When I had questions they emailed be right back.

Speedy059
06-04-2010, 08:33 PM
And why doesn't the OVH Manager allow you to partition the other HD's that are attached? It only allows you to partition the 2 main HD's with the OVH Manager reinstallation.

Speedy059
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I just got my first server with OVH, and for some reason the largest block of IP's I can order is a /27 block. On their website it clearly says I can order a /24 block. How they say I can only order a /27 block, is this true? Why wasn't I told during all my pre-sale questions?

Custom Partitioning:
My server came with 2x80GB SSD, and 2x750GB SSD's. The server is setup to have Raid 1 for the 2x80GB SSD, and Raid 1 2x750GB...the OS being installed on the 2x80GB. The problem is that I want to change how this is done. I want to install the OS on the 2x750GB hard drives, and leave the extra 2x80GB SSD's out of a raid and just have them as spare hard drives. How can I do this in the OVH Manager?