We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Questions about the switchport option in Kimsufi servers

xinxinw
09-22-2009, 02:31 PM
ok, I got it. thx

Niall
09-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote Originally Posted by xinxinw
What is the bandwidth I got?
It will be 100Mbps. That is the standard bandwidth for the Kimsufi servers, unless you opt for the additional switchport.

The switchport is not available with the C-05G.

Niall.

xinxinw
09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Quote Originally Posted by xinxinw
So what happens if I order Q-1T without the switchport add on? What is the bandwidth I got?
Do I have to pay the server fee + professional fee + switchport fee just to have the 1Gbps?

xinxinw
09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
So what happens if I order Q-1T without the switchport add on? What is the bandwidth I got?

Niall
09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi xinxinw,

The 1Gbps switchport is not available for the C-05G Kimsufi server, but is available with all other Kimsufi servers. With those servers, there is a professional use add-on charge of €15 p/m and a charge for the switchport of €10 p/m.

For the other servers, the use of the swicthport is required to get 1Gbps.

You can find details of "bandwidth per infratructure" here:

http://www.ovh.ie/items/framework/ma...ing.xml?gm=pop

Niall.

xinxinw
09-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi,

There is one footnote about the 1Gbps bandwidth that says "As part of a subscription to the switch port 1 Gbps. If 100 Mbps". Does it mean that if I buy a C-05G server with 100Mbps and include the option of switchport, I will have 1Gbps bandwidth? I notice that there is no price for the option, so to have the 1Gbps, I just click the Professional use when ordering?

Secondly, for other servers like Q-1T, I suppose I still have 1Gbps even if I choose no professional use?

Finally, I curently have an ovh server in my hand, which will expire in two weeks. I have decided to start a new one with the above considerations. So if I buy the new server now, will it be separate from the old one? Since I saw no "bandwidth per infratructure" stuff on .ie site.

Grateful for response from your staff.