We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Upgrading/Downgrading Kimsufi

mel
10-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
If you have data on the 16G that you wish to keep I would recommend purchasing the 2G before the 16G's expiration date so that you can transfer the data.
The reason I didn't do it this way is because I didn't want to pay up front for a year, according to this clause in the special conditions for dedicated servers:
3.2 If the Customer wishes to use more than 2 dedicated servers in any month, the Contract shall be for a minimum of 12 months
I had other backup alternatives, so I chose to have no overlap between the two contracts.

Thomas
10-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote Originally Posted by mel
I have a Kimsufi 16G server which I may want to replace with a Kimsufi 2G server. What is the easiest way to do this? Should I just wait for the 16G to expire and then order a 2G? That way I will not have two dedicated servers at the same time and therefore not be required to pay for the second server a year in advance. If I let the 16G expire, will I have to send proof of identification again for the next server?

My needs have changed drastically. I'm now trying a VKS which should be enough for me, but because the VKS has Java issues and I also like the extra flexibility of a dedicated server, I may get the Kimsufi 2G.
Hello,

If you have data on the 16G that you wish to keep I would recommend purchasing the 2G before the 16G's expiration date so that you can transfer the data. You won't have to send proof of ID again for the next server because your account has already been validated.

If there is no data on the server that you wish to keep it really doesn't matter when you purchase the new server. Hope this helps

mel
10-15-2012, 12:58 PM
I replaced my Kimsufi 16G with a Kimsufi 2G server with this procedure:

1. I selected "Return your dedicated server", at the bottom of the "Services" section in the Manager (v3).

2. I received an "early return" email containing among other things, the following:

You have requested the early return of your dedicated server ks....kimsufi.com.

The server ks....kimsufi.com will definitely be recycled within seven (7) days:
All your disks will be fully erased to guarantee the confidentiality of your data.

3. I waited until the manager recorded that the dedicated server is gone.

4. I then ordered a Kimsufi 2G and paid for one month.

That's it. My new server was installed in less than an hour from the "early return" email.

mel
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
I have a Kimsufi 16G server which I may want to replace with a Kimsufi 2G server. What is the easiest way to do this? Should I just wait for the 16G to expire and then order a 2G? That way I will not have two dedicated servers at the same time and therefore not be required to pay for the second server a year in advance. If I let the 16G expire, will I have to send proof of identification again for the next server?

My needs have changed drastically. I'm now trying a VKS which should be enough for me, but because the VKS has Java issues and I also like the extra flexibility of a dedicated server, I may get the Kimsufi 2G.