We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

question about Kimsufi

mel
10-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I assume (2) does not apply to Kimsufi 2G, since it already has a 5TB bandwidth limit.

I think a single disk is more appropriate for the "Kimsufi Concept" as stated on the web site:

"To ensure the best price without compromising on quality, we removed everything but the bare necessities, with the best quality, and the most cutting edge technology. "

Double disks are not bare necessity. I have a single disk on my personal computer at home and I assume most people have single disks on theirs. A double disk would not remove the need to have a separate backup. It would just make disk failures less frequent. A single disk and more bandwidth gives us more unmanaged cheap raw resources.

I personally hardly use the available bandwidth, but it's nice to have it there, in case I need it.

I looked at the comments at the uk forum too. Nobody answered the question! They asked for other options.

oles@ovh.net
09-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Hi,

After some discussions about the orientation of our 2013 Kimsufi offers we've come to two choices:

1 - We change nothing

2- We offer RAID and a quota of external traffic included of 5TB. ie:
- We offer you two raid-soft disks
- 5 TB Traffic limit outside of our network, if exceeded, bandwidth is limited to 10 Mbps, to increase this, it's 3.99 per TB.

We'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Regards,

Octave