We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

[OVH support does not work]

Eric
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Why did you not just reply to the incident ticket and let them know it was not a hack and that you were transferring data to your new server.

I have transferred my data between my OVH servers many times using rsync and never had it disconnected.

Marc-IE
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Dear sir,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the forum users.

generalizing an incident as the general approach of a whole company is somewhat heavy handed. You are always free to call the ovh.ie support desk within the set office hours of 09:00 - 18:00 GMT, raise an incident ticket through your manager v3 when dealing with hardware interruptions or reach us by mail at support@ovh.ie.

Marc

Adam
02-14-2012, 04:36 PM
I am helping people by exchanging my experiences with OVH. There is no blocking Intrusion Detection Systems, controlling internal bandwidth, mentioned in the contract. There is nothing about the fact it will be penalized by days of lack of support and my server forced to be switched off.

Please be serious, it it not me who wants to "bring down" OVH, it is your own altitude against customers.

Marc-IE
02-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Dear Adam,

Thank you for your message in the forum;
The purpose of the forum is to help other people
by exchanging information.

The purpose of the forum is by no means to
complain or bring OVH as a company down.

Actual support from 09:00 to 18:00 GMT and we are
able to help you to the best of our ability between those times;
from your side you are kindly asked to change your
entries accordingly.

with kind regards,

Marc-IE
OVH Team Member

jadaka
02-05-2012, 06:37 PM
I agree support is much to desire.

Adam
02-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Server still blocked, I was proposed a mandatory virtual rack, which adds 30E/month to the bill.

Remember, if you want to exchange data between your servers in OVH, you will be coerced to buy a virtual rack service.

Adam
02-02-2012, 01:43 PM
14 hours, and I rang them fourth time. I was told I need to confess and apologize, and maybe my server will be on.

Adam
02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
12 hours and OVH still does not react.

Adam
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi,
10 hours ago I have started to synchronize my new EG server I have just ordered. I was very confused, when the machine was turned off after few minutes, and I have received a "hack ticket".

But it was just the beginning - I started to ring OVH "24h" telephone line several times, and nobody wanted to pick up the phone. I rang them again at the morning and very unpleasant woman told me I am not a VIP customer, as I have only three EG servers, and she does not know when they will turn on my server again.

In summary:

* OVH has broken IDS system, which shuts your own server when you exchange data with your other servers

* It is absolutely not a problem for OVH to just switch your server off for more then 10 hours

* If you have no VIP status, your rings are redirected to /dev/null

* OVH "24h" support line is just a web promise, it does not exist when you need it

I am writing you to reconsider OVH as your business partner or if you want to rent a server with them.