We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

leased a Kimsufi server, locked at 10 MiB outbound

jadaka
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote Originally Posted by chovy
This issue just started happening to me after having a kimsufi for about 1 month. It was so good I ordered a 2nd one in Canada -- but just the other day, they both seem to be capped at 10Mbps upload. Download is still pretty good, around 60Mbps. But upload is definitely capped.

I used this to do a speed test: https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli

Canada data center:

France data center:

Any idea what's going on here?
I'm about to ask for my money back on the 1 year committment and go somewhere else. I have 1TB of data to transfer, and this will take forever.
Right now canada has odd routing issues. Your canada server is doing speed test with server in france hence the slow speed.

chovy
01-03-2013, 09:26 AM
This issue just started happening to me after having a kimsufi for about 1 month. It was so good I ordered a 2nd one in Canada -- but just the other day, they both seem to be capped at 10Mbps upload. Download is still pretty good, around 60Mbps. But upload is definitely capped.

I used this to do a speed test: https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli

Canada data center:

France data center:

Any idea what's going on here?
I'm about to ask for my money back on the 1 year committment and go somewhere else. I have 1TB of data to transfer, and this will take forever.

jadaka
02-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeh kimsufi have lowest priority compared to rest of them in term of transits right now weathermap.ovh.net is saturated at 90% so speeds are really crappy.

ShankedGolfer
02-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Depends on what you are doing with it. Transferring out to the netherlands, i was getting 9 MB/s. Now ftp speeds to my house aren't nearly as good. There isn't very good peering across the pond :/ If you rented a server expecting to max out your home line on one thread. Then give your head a shake lol! If you want speeds like that then move to Romania

tehsu
09-22-2011, 10:20 PM
My server is fine. Maxed out both ways.

fastjp
09-19-2011, 06:02 PM
I can confirm I have a Kimsufi 16g that gets about 11MB/s down but upload is 10% of that. Guaranteed 100mbit yeah right! They have to be limiting sending/uploading from server intentionally. They need to fix this or I need to get a server elsewhere! Has any one else had this problem and have got it straightened out?

jiskim
08-28-2011, 01:28 PM
i got the same problem , i thought at first that it was vmware esxi that was the problem so i formatted to Debian and still do

and i too ordered the server 2 weeks ago but i bough the 16g

jon
08-24-2011, 04:04 AM
I just leased my first Kimsufi.ie server, the 24G model with 100 MiB guaranteed bandwidth. Server looks nice. I can download from the Internet at almost 100 MiB speeds. However, pushing from the Kimsufi server to the Internet seems locked at 10 MiB. I tested with multiple hosts around the world- all can send data into the Kimsufi 24G server at 20 to 80 MiB, but from Kimsufi to those same servers are only 5 to 9 MiB. Those servers can download ftp://ftp.ovh.net/test.bin at blazing fast speeds, so outbound from OVH is fine, the issue is outbound from my server. Based on my tests, it looks like my server's outbound somehow got restricted to 10 MiB on the networking gear.

The server is the CentOS, without any changes. Also I confirmed the NIC is set at 1 GiB.

Has anyone seen slow outbound traffic like this with their newly leased Kimsufi/OVH server?