We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please bring back 2010 servers

ShankedGolfer
02-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Eric
I was fine with the low priority bandwidth, alot of my traffic is internal anyway.
OVH just went from being one of the cheapest providers to one of the most expensive.
Clearly you haven't looked at other providers

Andrei
06-04-2011, 03:41 AM
In my opinion the new packages rock. Especially guaranteed bandwidth on the unmetered package. And as for them being one of the most expensive, have you compared hardware and monthly traffic to other providers? Who else is going to give you i7's and 20TB/mo, really?

Eric
05-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Core2Duo servers definitely cost less today then they did when you started selling them 2 years ago.

I was fine with the low priority bandwidth, alot of my traffic is internal anyway.
OVH just went from being one of the cheapest providers to one of the most expensive.

Is there any way I can buy some more of the 2010 mini and storage unmetered servers?
Even if its just ones that other customers have cancelled, or even if I have to pay a year in advance.

Dan
05-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Eric
This server
http://www.ovh.ie/products/superplan...l?bp=unmetered
cost €39.99 now costs €99.99 and its the same server!!

I know its a recession but come on a 250% price increase?!?

I have 200+ servers with OVH.
I wont be buying any more at this price.
Eric,

We have chosen to offer the best quality possible, even though the total cost of the server is higher. We cannot offer the lowest price anymore because sooner or later the quality of the servers would begin to suffer.

Also, you should note that the new unmetered series is not low priority, it is guaranteed bandwidth, hence the increased cost.

D.

Eric
05-19-2011, 12:49 AM
This server
http://www.ovh.ie/products/superplan...l?bp=unmetered
cost 39.99 now costs 99.99 and its the same server!!

I know its a recession but come on a 250% price increase?!?

I have 200+ servers with OVH.
I wont be buying any more at this price.