Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" LTS Distribution Released

Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" LTS Distribution Released

Hello,

At noon today, the Ubuntu team released the new version of Ubuntu:
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS! called: Precise Pangolin

and is now available at OVH!

This is a "LTS" (Long Term Support) distribution which will be supported for five years until April 2017.

Ubuntu Server 12.04 has packages that are ready to install the latest version of OpenStack ("Essex" version). The integration of JuJu already mentioned in version 11.10 has been deepened and rounded with some new services (e.g.: CharmStore).

Another novelty is that Precise Pangolin is "MultiArch", i.e.: it is possible to install libraries in 64bit and 32 bit parallely, facilitating, among other things the installation of third party applications that are only available in 32bit. For more information about this feature, you may find the following article interesting:
    http://lwn.net/Articles/482952/

As always, this is an install with only basic services for SSH and DNS preinstalled. It is available in 32 bit and 64 bit, when ordering the re-installation, and for dedicated servers and VPS.

The new Ubuntu is currently in BETA, please post your comments here.

Thanks

OVH team
    Last edited by Jane; 04-27-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" LTS Distribution Released

Is there a easier way to upgrade to precise from oneiric on ovh servers? I tried do-release-update but getting error.

Quote Originally Posted by jadaka View Post
    Is there a easier way to upgrade to precise from oneiric on ovh servers? I tried do-release-update but getting error.
    Whats the error message you are getting?

Could you send in a screenshot of the error and your server name to support@ovh.ie FAO Dan.

Thanks.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Whats the error message you are getting?

Could you send in a screenshot of the error and your server name to support@ovh.ie FAO Dan.

Thanks.

D.
    Hey,

Dan error got resolved and upgrade was successful. However i wasn't able to reproduce the error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jadaka View Post
    Hey,

Dan error got resolved and upgrade was successful. However i wasn't able to reproduce the error.

Thanks
    Spooky!

Thanks for letting me know.

D.